|
plan du site | contact

Bienvenue sur cet espace de discussion ouvert à tous !
La passion des Beatles nous réunit,
mais tous les sujets sont possibles, vous avez la parole
et nous sommes là pour répondre à vos questions !

Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Messagerie privée Rechercher Rechercher
Liste des Membres Liste des Membres Profil Profil
Connexion Connexion FAQ FAQ
S'enregistrer S'enregistrer (nouvel utilisateur)
  Lucy in the web Index du Forum > Vie & Oeuvre
  Sujet : Kenny Everett un DJ hors du commun
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Filou

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 03, 2009 12:39 am    Sujet du message: Kenny Everett un DJ hors du commun Répondre en citant

Comme vous le savez, le nom de Kenny Everett a toujours été associé à celui des Beatles. Homme de radio et deTV, son humour décalé ne pouvait que plaire à nos four lads.
Et John en particulier qu'il a interviewé en pleine session du White album. Un moment d'anthologie que l'on retrouve maintenant sur divers bootlegs.

Le groupe lui confia même la production de l'un de leurs flexis de noël. Celui de 1968, le sixième, où il a fait un superbe travail de montage et de bidouillage en tout genre qui se devait de refléter l'esprit des Beatles avec l'humour qui les caractérisait.

En voici l'intégralité en son ainsi que le texte associé (publié dans le New Musical Express du 28 décembre 1968). Ce qui n'est pas du luxe pour avoir une chance de suivre un peu dans toute cette folie ambiante.

Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr and George Harrison have been messing about with tapes again, and in these last few weeks Kenny Everett has has himself a nice whipping the bits and the pieces into an eight-minute long Christmas gift for 30 000 paid-up Beatles' fans.

I have to own up say that Tiny Tim's contribution to ''Nowhere Man'' is the undoubted bit of the record, thought Paul McCartney does an interesting little talking blues and John Lennon allows a morsel of bitterness to come through in a story about a couple called Jack and Yono who were '' strickly in love and bound to happen in a million years.''

Ringo talks to himself!

There is also Ringo doing a cross-talk act with himself; a Keystone-Kops-speeded-up-fast-as-this-sn atch of ''Helter Skelter'' from the Double LP; snips and clips of sound meant to confound; and George Harrison with a loving message from America.
The Beatles' Annual Christmas Record is an annual curiosity put together sometimes reluctantly, always dutifully, sometimes funny, always fascinating.
This is the sixth such record and in my own time-honoured NME tradition I hereby describe playing the host as he says ''This is a big Hi and a sincere Merry Christmas from Yours Truly, Ringo.''

Best wishes from Paul

Then into Mr. Paul McCartney, pianist-talking blues exponent extraordinaire, singing-saying ''Happy New Year Happy Christmas Happy Easter Happy Autumn Happy Michaelmas Happy Christmas Everybody To You,'' which is a nice thought.
Then a line about ''Happy New Year from here To There''... a piece of an overture... the Mickey Mouse piece of ''Helter Skelter''... and Mr. John Lennon with a story.
''Once upon a time,'' says John Lennon in Lancashire accent, ''there w'two balloons called Jack and Yono - they were strickly in love and bound to happen in a million years.
''They were together, man.
''Unfortunately timetable, they seemed to 'ave previous experience which kept callin' em one way or another - y'know how it is.
''But they battled o against overwhelming oddities, including some of the beast friends. Bein' in love, they cloong together even more, man. But some of the poisonous monster outdated bus lorry hip throwers did stick slightly, and they occasionally had to resort to the dry cleaners.
''Luckyly this did not kill them and they were not banned from the Olympic Games. They lived hopefully ever after... and who could blame them?''. Yes.
Then into the rounder voice of George Harrison, whose words register upon the tape as if warmed by vapour rub and hot chestnuts, and his saying ''Here we are again' another fab Christmas.
''Christmas time is Here Again; ain't bin round since last year. And we'd like to take this opportunity, all the way from America, to say Happy Christmas to you, our faithful, beloved fans all over the world, who have made our life worth living.

Through thick and thin

''And over here I have Mr. Malcolm Evans, who through thick and thin would truly like to say a word of greeting on this festive occasion...''
Big lush orchestra and applause, and then Our beloved Mal is there like a Father Christmas down Scotty Road: ''Merry Christmas, children... everywhere.''
SIDE TWO has Ringo in some indescribable of the most versatile performers in our career,'' double act himself before introducing ''one who turns out to be P. McCartney again with a double tracked version of the song he did before.
Then John Lennon: ''Once upon a pool table there lived a short haired butcher's boy by the way of Ostergrad it comes in scent and cesspool ourawick Airport.

John's mod fairy tale

''Her father was in long story cut short in the middle of his life... we are indebted to the Colloquial Office for it's immediate disposal of orowitz including I might add hot patella vertootem. On the other handbag, I mean to say, L'amore nous some toujourealistic, free speaking, for this film is about an hourglass houseboat.
''The full meaning of Winchester Cathedral defies description - their loss was our Gainsborough Nil. The sound man servantile defectively lasting barred up a loft...''
He is, of course, right.
Next: Mr. Tiny Tim, and who else at Christmas deeply overcome and thrilled to say Happy Christmas and Merry New Year and oh, here's a song I did in 1966 in front of Miss Jill for the first time, and oh, at your Albert Hall.
Into ''Nowhere Man,'' all shrill and very, very funny, and then George says ''Thank you and God Bless you, Tiny... God Bless You.''
Soft, hymnal brass. The clunk of a boot. And it's over.

Filou
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Filou

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 03, 2009 12:56 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pour ce qui est de la fameuse interview du 18/07/1968 dans les studios d'Abbey Road pendant l'enregistrement du White Album.

On peut le trouver, par exemple, dans ce genre d'album. Ici c'est du pressage japonnais :

Mathilde a écrit:

en haut le scan du 33 et du 45 tours "cadeau"
(UPS 677 V)

et son petit frere en silver !

The Beatles enjoyed and preferred pirate radio stations as an alternative to BBC radio. Stations such as Radio London and Radio Luxembourg often got exclusive Beatle interviews because of this. Among their favorite disc jockeys was Kenny Everett of Radio London. Everett chatted and joked informally with John and the other Beatles in this interview which was taped at EMI's Abbey Road studios in London, during the early stages of the White Album sessions.

JOHN: "So, we better turn the guitaring down a bit, little. So, Kenny, how are you goings?"
KENNY: "Oh, it's wonderful. Listen. First a few questions, then I'd like you to sing me a jingle. A goodbye jingle."
JOHN: "Okay, a goodbye jingle."
KENNY: "What can we expect from you in the next few months? I've heard you're working on it."
JOHN: (comical whisper) "Alot of brown paper bags, Kenny."
KENNY: (laughs)
JOHN: "We're working very hard on that at the moment, the boys and me."
KENNY: "Anything tuney?"
JOHN: "Oh yeah. There's alot of tunes we've found in the bags, actually."
KENNY: "I got told that you don't actually come in here with the idea of doing an album-- it just sort of 'falls out' at the sessions."
JOHN: "Mmm. Well, we have a vague idea, you know, Ken."
KENNY: "Yes."
JOHN: (strumming and singing) "'As I was only saying the other day-- we have a vague idea, but very vague-- What's up? Very vague.'"
KENNY: (laughs)
JOHN: "Just a bit of laughter, ladies and gentle-phones."
KENNY: "Have you done any actual complete numbers?"
JOHN: "No. We're halfway through the second uncomplete number now."
KENNY: "You don't actually do them whole complete, finish with them, and then start another one?"
JOHN: "See, we got to a stage with one where the next bit is (additional) musicians, so we'll have to write the musicans' bit. You see, you see."
KENNY: "Do you ever get to, umm-- you've done your bit and you decide it would be good on its own, and then forget the musicians?"
JOHN: "Oh yeah. Yeah."
KENNY: "Yeah."
JOHN: (slide guitar and singing) "'Somebody stole my gal/ Somebody stole my pal.'"
KENNY: "Can you sing me a goodbye jingle? It doesn't have to rhyme or anything."
JOHN: (slide guitar and singing) "'Goodbye jingle/ Goodbye jingle goodbye/ Goodbye.'"
(laughter)
KENNY: "Wonderful. (laughs)
Are there any particular records at the moment..."
JOHN: "Oh yeah, let me think-- Nilsson. One of Nilsson's."
KENNY: "Which one, particularly? As you know we've played quite a few of them."
JOHN: "Yes. Oh, let me think, Ken, for the moment. Uhh... 'River Deep Mountain Dew.'"
KENNY: "Yeah?"
JOHN: (strumming and singing) "'When I was a little baby my mama used to SMASH me in the cradle/ Pickin' those old cotton fields back home/ When mama was a little bitty baby she used to SMASH me in my cradle/ When I was a little bitty baby back home.'"

KENNY: "Do you have anything to say about anything you've recorded so far?"
JOHN: "We've just done two tracks, both unfinished. The second one is Ringo's first song that we're working on this very moment."
KENNY: "He composed it himself?"
JOHN: "He composed it himself in a fit of lithargy."
KENNY: "And what do you think about it?"
JOHN: "I think it's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard since Nilsson's River Deep Mountain Dew. (strumming and singing) 'Kenny Everett/ It's the Kenny Everett show.'"
(...)

La suite : http://www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/db1968.0605.beatles.html

Filou
Filou

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 03, 2009 1:03 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et puis quelques exemples de ses délires diffusés sur les ondes.

...avec, vers la fin, un passage étonnant qui date de 1986 où il fait chanter Harry Nilsson en direct à la radio à partir d'une bande qu'il avait réalisée au préalable sur la base de boucles sur le thème de Glory Mornin' Story extrait de l'album HARRY de 1969.

Filou
Filou

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 09, 2009 1:14 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Depuis 1966 où il accompagne les Beatles tout au long de leur dernière tournée en faisant des interventions quotidiennes sur Radio London, il restera très proches du groupe.
Il assistera régulièrement aux sessions de Pepper et du double-blanc.

Un album pirate témoigne de tout ça.

1. Naughty Bits
2. Radio London Official Beatles Station
3. Radio London Montage
4. Kenny Signs Off Radio London
5. Radio 1 Intro
6. Good Luck Chant
7. The "Where It's At" Interwiew
8. All Together In The Wireless Machine Version 1
9. All Together In The Wireless Machine Version 2
10. It's Time To Be A Beatle
11. I'm Looking Through You
12. Eleanor Rigby Bits
13. Maxell Silver Hammer
14. Hey Bulldog
15. Sgt Pepper
16. MMT Montage
17. Blue Jay Way
18. Strawberry Fields Forever
19. Yellow Submarine
20. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
21. 6/6/68 Interview
22. A Sensational Interview With The Beatles edit 1
23. A Sensational Interview With The Beatles edit 2
24. A Sensational Interview With The Beatles Raw Tape

Filou
maxime

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 09, 2009 10:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Topikitombapoin !

Vivement la sortie de THE BOAT THAT ROCKED dont je tairais la traduction du titre en français tellement ça en devient ridicule et affligeant.

Inspiré par la belle aventure des radios pirates des années 1964/1968 en Angleterre (Radio Caroline, Wonderful Radio London...) et donc aussi inspiré par de vrais dj comme justement l'ami Kenny, John Peel ou encore Chris Moore, ce film est vraiment un hommage à Radio Caroline.

Les B.O. est bien entendu une suite de superbes classiques mais le réalisateur Richard Curtis a regretté qu'APPLE refuse toute utilisation de titres des Beatles. Quand on sait le rôle que Radio Caroline a eu pour un certain album paru en juin 1967 c'est encore plus du foutage de gueule de la part de Paul, Ringo, Olivia & Yoko.

Synopsis en français:
Carl vient de se faire renvoyer du lycée, et sa mère a décidé qu'il irait réfléchir à son avenir auprès de son parrain, Quentin. Il se trouve que celui-ci est le patron de Radio Rock, une radio pirate qui émet depuis un bateau en mer du Nord peuplé d'un équipage éclectique de DJ's rock and roll. À leur tête se trouve le Comte, un Américain exubérant, véritable dieu des ondes en synergie totale avec la musique. A ses côtés, ses fidèles animateurs : Dave, ironique, intelligent et d'un humour acéré ; l'adorable Simon, qui cherche l'amour ; l'énigmatique Midnight Mark, séduisant et silencieux ; Wee Small Hours Bob, le DJ des petites heures du matin, accro à la musique folk et à la drogue, Thick Kevin, qui possède l'intelligence la plus microscopique du monde ; On-the-Hour John, le chroniqueur des actualités, et Angus "The Nut" Nutsford, qui est sans doute l'homme le plus agaçant d'Angleterre...
La vie en mer du Nord est riche en événements...

Site officiel
Encore une fois je ne donne que le site en anglais. Vous trouverez le site français par vous même. D'après les échos que j'ai eu le doublage du film en français (ô surprise) est d'une qualité sous-merdique. Fuck the dubbing, watch movies in original languages !!

Titres qui apparaissent dans le film:
«Gemma» - Bert Kaempfert and his Orchestra
«All day and all of the night» - The Kinks
«Hi Ho silver lining» - Jeff Beck
«Yesterday man» - Chris Andrews
«Friday on my mind» - The Easybeats
«Here comes the night» - Van Morrison
«Hang on sloopy» - The McCoys
«I’m alive» - The Hollies
«Silence is golden» - Tremeloes
«Tell it like it is» - Aaron Neville
«Judy in disguise» - John Fred and his Playboy Band
«All over the world» (Version anglaise de «Dans Le Monde Entier») - Françoise Hardy
«To Sir with love» - Lulu
«Sunshine Superman» - Donovan
«98.6» - Bystanders
«The happening» - The Supremes
«Jumpin’ Jack Flash» - The Rolling Stones
«Fire!» - The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
«For your love» - The Yardbirds
«The letter» - The Box Tops
«A world of our own» - The Seekers
«Georgy girl» - The Seekers
«These arms of mine» - Otis Redding
«Cleo’s mood» - Junior Walker
«Ooo Baby» - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
«This old heart of mine» - The Isley Brothers
«So long Marianne» - Leonard Cohen
«She’d rather be with me» - The Turtles
«I feel free» - Cream
«Le Mariage de Figaro : Voi, che sepate» - Mozart
«Groovin’» - The Young Rascals
«Lazy Sunday» - The Small Faces
«I’ve Been a bad bad boy» - Paul Jones
«Elenore» - The Turtles
«With a girl like you» - The Troggs
«Stay with me Baby» - Lorraine Allison
«Pour quelques dollars de plus» - Ennio Morricone
«Crimson and clover» - Tommy Shandell
«Sunny afternoon» - The Kinks
«Amy’s song» - Steve Price
«My generation» - The Who
«Little Saint Nick» - The Beach Boys
«Christmas (Baby please come home)» - Darlene Love
«Girl don’t come» - Sandie Shaw
«You don’t have to say you love me» - Dusty Springfield
«The wind cries Mary» - Jimi Hendrix
«The end of the world» - Skeeter Davis
«Enigma Variations - Variation IX - Nimrod - Adagio -
Elgar London Metropolitan Orchestra», sous la direction d’Andy Brown, produite par Steve Price
«Let’s spend the night together» - The Rolling Stones
«This guy’s in love» - Herb Alpert
«Dancing in the street» - Martha and the Vandellas
«I can see for miles» - The Who
«Dambusters theme» - Eric Coates
«A whiter shade of pale» - Procol Harum
«Won’t get fooled again» - The Who
«Father and son» - Cat Stevens
«Nights in white satin» - The Moody Blues
«Wouldn’t it be nice» - The Beach Boys
«Sink or swim» - Hans Zimmer et Lorne Balfe
«Let’s dance» - David Bowie
«Stay with me Baby» - Duffy

Ai-je oublié de dire que je suis fan de Philip Seymour Hoffman ?

Dernière édition par maxime le Jeu Avr 09, 2009 10:28 am; édité 1 fois
Filou

MessagePosté le: Jeu Avr 09, 2009 10:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

maxime a écrit:
Les B.O. est bien entendu une suite de superbes classiques mais le réalisateur Richard Curtis a regretté qu'APPLE refuse toute utilisation de titres des Beatles. Quand on sait le rôle que Radio Caroline a eu pour un certain album paru en juin 1967 c'est encore plus du foutage de gueule de la part de Paul, Ringo, Olivia & Yoko.

Putain, y sont franchement lourds sur ce coup-là.
Tu parles d'une sacrée BO que ça aurait donné.
En plus, une super pub...

Comprend franchement pas.
Mais bon, that's life.

Super sujet entouka.
Ca a l'air vraiment pas mal.
On va dire que j'ai eu le "nez fin" avec mon kenny-topic Wink

Je ne sais pas si y en a eu d'autres qui ont traité ce sujet ?

Filou
Filou

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 14, 2009 12:09 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Kenny Everett un DJ hors du commun Répondre en citant

Pour revenir sur le sujet original...

Voila un petit bout de Kenny qui "se la joue" à la Harry.

Je n'ai appris que récemment qu'il avait repris ce Without Her qui est sans-doute l'une des plus belles songs de Nilsson. Peut-être parce qu'elle sonne un peu Beatles, va savoir ?

Et, pour rappel, l'original qui se reprend lui-même en 1971, soit trois ans après l'avoir composé pour son premier album, Pamdemonium Shadow Show.

Filou
maxime

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 14, 2009 1:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

De plus en plus fort ce Filou !!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Filou a écrit:
Pour revenir sur le sujet original...

(...)

Filou

Tu ne recules devant rien (comment veux-tu que je...) !
goodfinger

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 14, 2009 2:05 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

N'oublions pas non plus l'édition limitée , "UNA SENSAZIONALE INTERVISTA DEI BEATLES + TRE DISCHI APPLE " sortie en Italie en Nov 68, à l'occasion du lancement de APPLE RECORDS, et incluant un disque promo interview conduit par KENNY EVERETT (de son vrai nom MAURICE COLE). Ce 45 t (Apple DPR 108) sera réédité sur le marché "Parallèle" en vinyle couleur.

http://es.geocities.com/melgarbeatles/prosingb/tredischi.html
Filou

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 14, 2009 2:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

maxime a écrit:
De plus en plus fort ce Filou !!

Tu ne recules devant rien (comment veux-tu que je...) !

Ah merde, ça s'est vu ???

Moi qui pensais que j'étais discret...

Ou alors, c'est toi qui vois le Harry là il n'est pas ?

Filou - private joke inside Wink
maxime

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah ah ! Du Filou de haut vol !

Miroir, mon beau miroir dis moi qui je suis vraiment si je ne suis Harry !
Filou

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 23, 2013 8:46 am    Sujet du message: Re: Kenny Everett un DJ hors du commun Répondre en citant

maxime a écrit:
Miroir, mon beau miroir dis moi qui je suis vraiment si je ne suis Harry !

Alexandrin ?

Pas loin ?

Rolling Eyes

Ou alors peut-être...

Miroir, mon beau miroir
Dis moi donc qui je suis
Si je ne suis Harry !

Mieux ? Smile

Ah tiens, pour repasser du Harry au Kenny...

Voila une drôle de curiosité...

...que tu connais peut-être, Max (?)

Et la song aussi. Ah ça, oui Cool

Mais c'est assez irrésistible.

Je vous ai prévenu, c'est un fou furieux, ce Kenny.

N'empêche que le début était franchement bien joué. Après... ça dérape un peu Laughing

Filou
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: